We are always on the lookout for talented writers. If you have a unique idea that will captivate our readers and drive our industry forward, we want to hear from you. Even if your idea is not a game-changer, we still want to see your fresh take on a topic that keeps you up at night.
However, writing for us is not a walk in the park. We strive for excellence and will challenge you to bring out the best in your work. Once your article is accepted, you will receive valuable feedback from our team and work closely with an editor to make revisions.
The effort is well worth it. Writing for us is an opportunity to learn, grow, and improve your communication, writing, and subject expertise.
What We’re Looking for
The more complete your submission, the better feedback we can give you. Please note that we only accept original content and do not publish anything that has been previously published, including on your personal blog.
Please refrain from sending us press releases or sales pitches as they do not align with our vision.
Before submitting, please review our style guide and recent articles to get an idea of our structure and formatting. Your submission should:
- Have a clear thesis and argument, not just a list of tips and tricks.
- Have a distinct voice that is bold, interesting, and relatable.
- Be written for an our topic audience or similar professionals.
- Be supported with facts, not just opinions, and properly cite sources where applicable.
- Adhere to our style guide.
What We Publish
Our articles range from 600 to 2,500 words, with an average length of 1,500 words. They may be casual or structured and often feature a custom illustration. All articles should be thought-provoking explorations of current in our topic.
How to Submit and What Happens Next
To submit your article, email us a Google document, plaintext file. You can also send a link to an HTML document. (Please do not send a ZIP file of assets unless requested by an editor.)
Here’s the process after you hit send:
- An editor will review your submission and determine its potential fit. If it is deemed a good fit, the entire team will review and discuss it. This happens once a week.
- The editor will collect feedback from the team and provide you with notes. (We rarely accept an article on the first try, but we will let you know if we are interested.)
- Once you have addressed our comments, send us your revised draft. The team will discuss it again and let you know if we want to accept it.
- If accepted, an editor will work closely with you on organization, argumentation, and style.
We will schedule your article for publication once revisions are complete. We cannot provide a specific publication date until the article is almost ready to go live.
Additionally, as a writer for us, you will have the opportunity to showcase your expertise and reach a large and engaged audience. We look forward to reading your submissions and working with you to bring your ideas to life.